Coastal Crew Spotlight: Whitney Kent
We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I started Coastal in March of 2016. A group of my good friends had already joined and for whatever reason, I was dragging my feet. It was actually a former “trainer’s” comment about my fluctuating weight and an embarrassing public weigh-in that was the final push I needed to try Coastal.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
I was participating in a boot camp class and running. Inconsistently I had tried every other type of workout, boxing, yoga, barre, you name it. I was doing entirely too much. I felt like if I worked out twice a day or worked out and went running after, I was really doing something. Really, I was just burning myself out and losing interest. I have since learned my lesson, you don’t have to kill yourself in order to make a change.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
Strength, both physical and mental. I’ve lost a total of about 17 lbs and I’ve gone from size 8 to a size 2 in pants. I have muscle definition again and I’m just happier and feel better overall!
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
The community of people! Honestly, no matter what kind of day I’ve had before I walk in, I feel 100% better walking out. I always get a great workout and a great laugh each and every class. Fun Fact: I also met my boyfriend and real estate agent at Coastal!
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
Arm day is my favorite, but I also really enjoy a good Saturday smack down. Mentally it really pushes me and I love working with a team to help me do that!
Lightening Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
A bear… I like the idea of hibernation. I like my sleep!
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
To be able to fly!
3. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Anything that involves carbs and cheese!
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?