Member Spotlight: Gina Polychronopoulos
We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
We had just moved to Yorktown, and I hadn't worked out in a few months during the move. I didn't want to lose my momentum of getting back into shape. Coastal was pretty close to my new house, and the testimonials and reviews online were all positive. I figured, why not give it a try? It didn't take me long until I was hooked!
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
My whole life, I was an athlete (primarily gymnastics and dance). Then I took a sedentary detour through PhD-land and Motherhood. Then last year, I started exercising again by lifting weights and doing high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to prep for three obstacle races, including the Spartan Sprint (which was intense but totally worth it!). After that, we moved from Norfolk to Yorktown, and I was not very active for a couple months until I found Coastal, thank goodness!
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I've lost 20 pounds and one dress/pant size: three inches off my waist, three off my hips, and three off my chest/back in 6 months. I'm more than halfway to my goal!
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I just show up and do what I'm told, and I see results... which makes fitness a no-brainer! I personally am most successful when I follow a protocol and don't have to overthink things. The coaches take care of that for me!
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
Any day that does not involve burpees is my favorite! I love strength-focused days, so Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
Lightning Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
3. What is your favorite treat meal?
Baklava can be a meal, right?
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?
Come visit us, meet our team, get to know us, learn more about our program, and experience our amazing culture, click here.