Member Spotlight: Susan Shaw
We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I came to Coastal in December of 2014. My friend was already a member and encouraged me to come join her for a Saturday smackdown session. After that first day, I realized I wasn’t in as good of shape as I thought I was. Although the smackdown I attended was intense, I became instantly hooked.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
Prior to Coastal I was mainly working out on my own. I never really had any fitness goals. I was just going through the motions when I was in the gym.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
Since joining Coastal, I have seen a huge difference in my endurance and strength. Before Coastal I couldn’t do a correct push up, let alone a pull-up. I feel much healthier and stronger overall.
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I love that when I walk into the gym the workouts are already set out and there is no thinking involved. I like knowing that I when I attend a session for 45 minutes or an hour, I will leave having had a really good workout. The coaches are great and offer great alternatives if you are unable to do a particular exercise.
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
My favorite training day is Wednesday’s upper body day.
Lightning Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
3. What is your favorite treat meal?
ALL the donuts! 🍩
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?
Come visit us, meet our team, get to know us, learn more about our program, and experience our amazing culture, click here.