We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I started Coastal in August of 2014. We were members at the YMCA and were looking for something better. Kendra saw an ad I believe for Coastal and she started a 30 day trial. I then joined when she told me about the Mansformation class that Gary and Will started. After those six weeks I was hooked. I had recently had a physical with my primary care doctor and she told me I was getting near the weight that will cause major health concerns. I was nearing 300 pounds. That's when I realized I needed to do something or my health was only going to get worse.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
I played basketball and baseball growing up. And have been playing golf since I was 14.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
Since joining Coastal I have gone from 275 lbs to 220 lbs. My strength is amazing compared to before joining Coastal. My attitude, relationships, and overall attitude about life has improved.
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
The thing I like the most about Coastal is the family feeling and the overall positive feeling that comes with working out with everyone. We all come from different backgrounds and we all have different views. But for one hour a day we are able to put all of that aside and enjoy each other. I think our society could use a lot more of that these days.
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
My favorite day now is Thursday. I love the open gym. I like being able to come in and work on something that is bothering me or use the time to catch up on anything I missed earlier in the week. And I don't have to worry about being judged if I just sit there for the entire 45 minutes.
Lightning Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
Dog of course.
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
The power to turn kale into pizza.
3. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle? Click here...