Member Spotlight: Mary Valente
We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I started coming to Coastal in January. I was athletic most of my life from swimming to softball. When graduated high school and got a full time job plus college I slowly stopped being active. Then add a baby into the mix and I was unhealthy and overweight. It started affecting me in more ways then I realized, I was reading a book Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and habit seven talked about sharpening your own saw. I never put my self first, my focus was always my family and I made myself an afterthought. After reading the book and seeing Lauren Hill's transformation something finally clicked and I signed up for Coastal.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
I wasn't active at all. I was playing co-ed softball, but then after Sophia was born I wasn't really doing anything.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I have seen amazing results, I have lost over 35 pounds, but then Kristen and Ben have shown me its more then just losing weight. I feel strong and have way more energy. I also feel that I am more motivated to do things.
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I love the coaches and the members. I was so nervous the night before I started, but came to my first class and everyone was so welcoming and encouraging. It's more like a family atmosphere.
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
I love full body Friday, but smackdown is starting to grow on me
Lightning Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
3. What is your favorite treat meal?
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?
Try us out for 28 days, 100% risk-free, here.