We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I first started coming to Coastal in February of 2016. I had actually stumbled across your blog several months prior but was too chicken to just venture in and try it out on my own. But then my friend Amanda Ivey told me she had been going and invited be to try it out with her. The rest is history.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
Prior to coming to Coastal I had mostly just been running.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
The results I have seen since joining Coastal have definitely been in my strength. When I started a year ago I couldn't do one chin-up. Today, I'm happy to say I can do 5...which I don't think is too shabby for being 41. I'm probably stronger today than I was in my 20's. I have also seen a big change in my body composition. I'm finally starting to get muscles!
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
The thing I like most about Coastal is the community aspect. To me Coastal is the best of both worlds in that it's like having a personal trainer but working out in a group atmosphere. I love that we have ALL fitness levels and that everyone is genuinely supportive of one another.
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
My favorite day at Coastal is arm day....probably because that's where I started seeing changes first in my strength and in my body.
Lightening Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
I had no idea what my spirit animal would be so I actually found a spirit animal quiz on-line and the results said Sea Turtle. I guess sea turtles are peaceful and grounded. I would say that's a pretty accurate description so I'll go with that.
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
If I were a superhero my super power would be the ability to fly so I don't have to sit in traffic
3. What is your favorite cheat meal?
My favorite cheat meal is probably pizza and anything that involves Nutella. I have zero self-control with Nutella...it's bad.
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?