Coastal Crew Spotlight: Kelli Pugh Smith
We believe our members are the heartbeat of our great community and provide amazing inspiration to others overcoming their own challenges.
1. When and Why did you first start coming to Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I started in August 2014. I was previously at a local gym whose management had changed over and the life of it was just gone. I was in an abs class and my only classmate was an 87yr old..realized it was time for a change! A friend had been at Coastal and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
2. What fitness activities/sports were you doing before you joined Coastal?
I played softball in college, ice hockey till the kids came along and always did cardio at the gym.
3. What results have you seen since you joined Coastal Strength & Fitness?
I have muscles! I feel better. I wish it had been around when I was younger. I feel like I wasted too many years on the elliptical trainer! Although my results are not nearly as dramatic as a lot of folks, I never had any muscle definition! I like my arms. My butt flowed right into my legs before, is there a name for that? Now at least I can tell it is separate. 😊
4. What do you like most about Coastal Strength & Fitness?
The people! Gary, Will and Ben are so positive with a slight bit of smart-a*$ mixed in there. And the clients- seeing so many people make such significant gains by making realistic changes is amazing.
5. What is your favorite Coastal training day of the week and why?
Hmmm, Mondays when I can actually get there! I think I may be one of the few that enjoys a good ladder too!
Lightening Round Questions:
1. What is your Spirit animal?
Something that hibernates…a bear! The combo of being fiercely protective of my own and loving sleep seems about right.
2. If you were a Superhero, what would your super power be?
Super speed! The things I could get done in a day..
3. What is your favorite cheat meal?
That’s a no brainer…pizza and wine! And maybe a warm brownie with ice cream on top for dessert! Might as well live it up!
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?